If you’re looking to launch a career in bookkeeping, then this great-value online ICB Associate package is the perfect way to gain the skillset you’ll need. Approved by the prestigious Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), the package is tailored to guide you through all you need to know to get qualified as a bookkeeper at ICB Associate level.
Is the ICB Associate Package for Me?
This easy-to-access online course is suitable for complete novices as well as those with some knowledge of bookkeeping. An aptitude for numeracy is essential for anyone who aspires to a career in accounts but, aside from that, no previous qualifications are required to begin your learning journey. Every business needs reliable bookkeepers, so this course, which is designed to be studied in your own time, can lead to great career opportunities across many sectors.?
What Do the Exams Involve?
You’ll start by studying for and completing the three online assessments to attain Level 2 certification, which qualifies you to work under supervision as an assistant bookkeeper. After that, you’ll advance your skillset by completing the three online assessments and one timed centre-based assessment to achieve Level 3 certification, which will qualify you to work unsupervised as either a self-employed or employed bookkeeper. Apart from the one centre-based assessment, all learning can be completed at home at a time of your choosing, giving you the flexibility to study around your other commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS (ICB ASSOCIATE PACKAGE)
Go from novice to professional by studying the thirteen comprehensive units of study.
ICB Affiliate – Level 2 Certification in Bookkeeping (Course with Exam) (B1, B2, B3)
- Gain insight into the importance of adhering to a code of professional ethics.
- Learn about the different structures businesses are built on.
- Find out about the legislation applicable to bookkeepers.
- Discover the basic elements of a contract.
- Understand the accounting equation.
- Tackle the concept of reporting on a cash business for income tax purposes.
- Explore different types of banking payments and receipts and the necessity of bank security.
- Get to grips with basic accounting principles.
- Find out about the importance of business documents and how to prepare them for goods supplied and check them for goods received.
- Learn what you need to know about ledger accounts and the division of the ledger.
- Find out how to work with books of prime entry.
- Explore the crucial area for dealing with and accounting for VAT in the ledgers.
- Understand the use of an analysed cash book for making and receiving payments.
- Learn the importance of recording petty cash.
- Find out how to use two and three column cash books.
- Master how to use the trial balance.
- Explore health and safety, business set up, processing nominal ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts and generating reports when using a computerised accounts package.
ICB Associate Package – Level 3 Certification in Bookkeeping & Accounts (Course with Exam) (BA4, BA6, BA7)
- Explore the ethical code and how to deal with unethical behaviour.
- Gain understanding of the legal differences between different business structures and the main accounting principles that apply.
- Learn about the different rules that apply when processing VAT transactions.
- Find out how to reconcile supplier statements and prepare a bank reconciliation statement.
- Learn to use control accounts to reconcile sales and purchase ledgers and understand the importance of correcting errors.
- Discover how to reconcile the VAT account and complete a VAT return.
- Get confident calculating and posting adjustments to the ledgers.
- Master how to prepare final accounts for non-incorporated businesses.
NOTE: This course includes Sage 50 software which will be delivered 14 days after course activation. The courses we offer which include Sage software must require a windows based laptop/PC. The course will play on any device, however, you will not be able to complete the course without access to the software.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Study wherever and whenever you want, across all your devices for a fast and efficient learning experience.
- Enjoy student membership of the ICB during the 12 months of course access.
- Both technical and tutor support are available.
- Get an NUS card for a small additional fee.
- Interest-free payment plans are available.
- Benefit from practice assignments and mock exams before sitting the exams.
- The skillset attained will prepare you to work in a huge range of businesses including sales, marketing, retail and manufacturing.
- Sage 50 is included in the package and will be delivered within 14 days of signing up.
- On completion of the package you will be ICB certified with the Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and the Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts, enabling you to work as an employed or self-employed bookkeeper.
Boost your bookkeeping career prospects today by signing up to ICB Associate Package – Level 2 & 3 Bookkeeping & Accounts.