This great-value online package takes you from novice bookkeeper to Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) Member status. Not only that, the package includes the chance to add to your skillset by becoming an in-demand Sage professional.
What Will I Learn?
By working through the engaging units of study and passing the relevant exams, you’ll progress from ICB Level 2 to Level 4, which entitles you to work independently as a bookkeeper. The addition of Sage certification will get you confidently working with the UK’s leading accounts software.
How Many Exams Do I Need to Sit?
You will sit two ICB exams, plus complete several online assessments. There are no Sage exams but you will receive a downloadable certificate on successful completion of the course.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through this comprehensive package to achieve an enviable bookkeeping and payroll skillset.
ICB Affiliate – Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (Course with Exam) (B1, B2, B3)
- Underpin your knowledge of basic bookkeeping fundamentals.
- Learn all you need to know about business documents.
- Tackle ledger accounts and the division of the ledger.
- Find out about books of prime entry.
- Learn about accounting for VAT.
- Get confident making and receiving payments.
- Find out about the trial balance and master the use of a computerised accounts package.
ICB Associate- Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounts (Course with Exam) (BA4, BA5, BA6, BA7)
- Learn about ethics and key accounting principles.
- Tackle reconciliation of accounts and the correction of errors.
- Get VAT savvy.
- Learn to calculate VAT returns.
- Explore calculating and posting adjustments to the ledgers.
- Deal with the final accounts of non-incorporated businesses.
ICB Member – Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping & Accounts (Course with Exam) (ABA8, ABA9)
- Learn to deal with limited company accounts and limited liability partnerships.
- Master preparing final accounts with incomplete records.
- Explore the area of advanced partnership accounts.
- Get confident interpreting financial statements.
Official Sage 50 Computerised Payroll 2016-2017 (Level 1 & 2 Package)
- Learn to use shortcuts, backup, rollback and restore data.
- Find out how to set up legislation and company details.
- Discover how to create employee records and set up pay elements.
- Master how to process the payroll run.
- Learn how to use pension schemes and produce P32s.
- Get confident dealing with holiday pay and starters and leavers.
- Explore how to use the Government Gateway.
- Find out what you need to know about management information reports.
- In Level 2, move on to working with automatic enrolment.
- Learn the importance of data security.
- Find out how to deal with attachment of earnings orders.
- Understand and process statutory and non-statutory payments and deductions.
- Set up and process student loans.
- Apply SSP, SMP, SAP and SPP to the payroll.
- Master the payroll Tax Month End process.
- Calculate the payroll’s true cost, including employer contributions and statutory requirements.
Level 2 Sage 50 Accounts 2014 – Accredited by the ICB
- Explore Sage’s navigation, chart of accounts, setting up nominal accounts and opening balances.
- Master all you need to know about customers and suppliers.
- Polish your skills when it comes to invoicing and dealing with banks.
- Learn to use the Wizard to control your projects.
- Get confident with purchase order processing and dealing with foreign currency.
- Advance your banking skills and accounting expertise with monthly reports and monthly routines.
- Find out about Instrastat and learn to run a VAT return and other VAT schemes.
- Become confident correcting errors.
MS Excel 2016: Introduction
- Follow 34 lessons totally approx 17 study hours.
- Familiarise yourself with MS Excel 2016, its documents and controls.
- Learn to create tables step by step.
- Find out how to enter values correctly into the cells.
- Learn how to set up cell formatting, including conditional formatting.
- Study the manipulation of each cell and cell range.
- Learn to work with worksheets and entire files.
- Discover how to create a chart.
- Learn to create calculations using basic arithmetic formulas.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Work in your own time and at your own pace with course content optimised to work fast across all your devices.
- Enjoy both technical and tutor support.
- Take advantage of student membership of the ICB during the 12 months of course access.
- Get an NUS card for a small additional fee.
- Interest-free payment plans are available.
- Gain confidence from practice tests and mock exams.
- Sage 50 is included in the package.
- Passing the Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping & Accounts automatically makes you a Member of ICB and able to use the CV-enhancing letters MICB after your name.
- On completion of the bookkeeping element, you will be qualified to work as a bookkeeper for limited and incorporated businesses in an employed or self-employed capacity.
- Getting accredited with in-demand Sage boosts earning potential with temp pay averaging £10 an hour more.
- Sage 50 Computerised Payroll software is downloadable within the package.
- Any updates to the Sage content will be sent to you free of charge during the 12 months you’re signed up for.
- Prove your Sage credentials with your downloadable course completion certificate, recognised by the ICB.