Every business needs great bookkeepers and getting qualified at the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) Member level is easier than you think with this fantastic-value online ICB Member package. The course content will take you from total beginner to a confident and certified practitioner of advanced bookkeeping techniques.
Who is the Package For?
This course is perfect for career changers or those with some experience of bookkeeping who want to take their career to the next level. As the content guides you through the Affiliate status of the Level 2 qualification through to the more advanced skills of becoming a Member by passing the Level 4 exam, this package is ideal for ambitious people. No experience is necessary to begin the programme but a flair for and enjoyment of working with numbers is essential.
How Does the Course Work?
As soon as you achieve Level 2 status, you are qualified to work as an assistant bookkeeper under supervision. At Level 3, you can work unsupervised as an employed or self-employed bookkeeper. Achieving Level 4 status and becoming a Member proves your advanced skillset and commitment to career advancement. Level 2 involves three online assessments with Level 3 involving the same plus one centre-based assessment. Level 4 requires you to sit one timed exam.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through the 18 easy-to-access units of study to achieve Member status.
ICB Affiliate – Level 2 Certification in Bookkeeping (Course with Exam) (B1, B2, B3)
- Find out about the crucially important code of professional ethics.
- Gain an insight into the different structures of businesses.
- Get to grips with the legislation that applies to bookkeepers.
- Learn about the basic elements of a contract.
- Find out what the accounting equation is and how to use it.
- Learn to report on a cash business for income tax purposes.
- Get a useful overview of basic accounting principles.
- Become confident dealing with business documents including how to prepare them for goods supplied and check them for goods received.
- Tackle ledger accounts and the division of the ledger.
- Learn about books of prime entry and accounting for VAT in the ledgers.
- Find out how to use the analysed cash book for making and receiving payments.
- Learn to record petty cash and use two and three column cash books.
- Master how to use the trial balance.
- Get confident with health and safety, business set up, processing nominal ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts and generating reports when using a computerised accounts package.
ICB Associate – Level 3 Certification in Bookkeeping & Accounts (Course with Exam) (BA4, BA5, BA6, BA7)
- Get to grips with the ethical code and how to handle unethical behaviour.
- Learn the legal differences between different business structures and the main accounting principles that apply.
- Find out the rules that apply when processing VAT transactions.
- Master how to reconcile supplier statements and prepare a bank reconciliation statement.
- Discover how to use control accounts to reconcile sales and purchase ledgers and get confident correcting errors.
- Learn to reconcile the VAT account and complete a VAT return.
- Find out how to calculate and post adjustments to the ledgers.
- Explore preparing final accounts for non-incorporated businesses.
ICB Member Package – Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping & Accounts (Course with Exam) (ABA8, ABA9)
- Learn to prepare a set of final accounts for a limited company.
- Gain a full understanding of the nature of a limited liability partnership.
- Find out how to prepare a set of final accounts with incomplete records.
- Gain advanced skills in partnership accounts by learning to account for changes in a partnership.
- Learn to interpret financial statements for internal management purposes.
- Discover how to analyse and interpret financial statements.
NOTE: This course includes Sage 50 software which will be delivered 14 days after course activation. The courses we offer which include Sage software must require a windows based laptop/PC. The course will play on any device, however, you will not be able to complete the course without access to the software.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- The course content is optimised to work fast across all your devices.
- Work at your own pace, wherever you want.
- Enjoy both technical and tutor support.
- Take advantage of student membership of the ICB during the 12 months of course access and get an NUS card for a small additional fee.
- Interest-free payment plans are available to spread the cost.
- Gain confidence from practice assignments and mock exams before sitting the exams.
- Sage 50 is included in the package for delivery within 14 days of signing up.
- Passing the Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping & Accounts entitles you to upgrade to the career-boosting title, Member of ICB and use the letters MICB after your name.
- On completion of the package, you will be qualified to work as a bookkeeper for limited and incorporated businesses in an employed or self-employed capacity.
Sign up to the ICB Member Package – Level 2, 3 & 4 Advanced Bookkeeping & Accounts package today to start your journey towards ICB membership.