The Internet of Things (IoT) promises a wide range of benefits for industry, energy and utility companies, municipalities, healthcare, and consumers. Data can be collected in extraordinary volume and detail regarding almost anything worth measuring, such as public health and safety, the environment, industrial and agricultural production, energy, and utilities.
- Plan an IoT implementation.
- Construct and program an IoT device.
- Communicate with an IoT device using wired and wireless connections.
- Process sensor input and control an actuator on an IoT device.
- Manage security, privacy, and safety risks on IoT projects.
- Understanding of common IoT security and privacy threats and countermeasures.
- Understanding of common IoT safety hazards and risk management approaches.
- Understanding of the business benefits and challenges of IoT systems.
This course is designed for IT professionals with baseline skills in computer hardware, software support, and development who want to learn how to design, develop, implement, operate, and manage Internet of Things devices and related systems.