CeMAP will teach you the knowledge you need to successfully assist first-time buyers and potential homeowners in navigating the housing market. It is an industry leading, UK specific qualification that is recognised in the finance sector as a mark of distinction for any professional.
Once you have completed the course and the exams (not included), you will legally be able to practice mortgage advice in a professional environment. Many companies employ mortgage advisors to increase their customer retention and product offering including banks, building societies, estate agents and financial consultancies.
To offer mortgage advice legally, you need a “licence to practice” which is granted by the FCA once you have achieved CeMAP or an FCA regulated equivalent.
Mortgage advisors have a financially and personally rewarding career. You will be tasked with assisting people in the journey to owning their dream home which will bear fruit for you in financial terms and the sense of achievement you feel after successfully helping each client.
This course package contains training for the three mandatory papers which are split into seven units, you will be taught the rules and regulations of the UK financial services industry, mortgage specific subjects and how to apply it all practically as a mortgage advice expert. It also contains access to our mentoring platform, which is available for you to access 24/7.
This CeMAP course package includes “Mentor+” which is our online mentoring platform. Are you stuck on a specific course module? Do you have questions about the course content or the mortgage industry as a whole? Just utilise the Mentor+ platform and ask one of our industry experts who will be able to help you with anything you need.
All our tutors have real industry experience, so there is no better place to take your CeMAP or mortgage knowledge queries. The platform is specifically designed to help answer your questions; you will have access to forums which both students and tutor participate in as a community, alongside additional development support resources.
What Will I Learn?
- Explore the structure and purpose of the UK financial services industry
- Why regulation is such as important area to understand as a professional
- EU General Data Protection Regulation
- FCA Regulation and its conduct of business rule
- Legal concepts, how they are relevant to the advice you give, and how legislation and regulation work together within the financial services industry
- UK taxation and social security systems
- Dealing with compensation claims and complaints
- Interest rates and how they can affect a mortgage customer in both a positive and negative way
- The mortgage process, including types of borrower, mortgage products, the role of mortgage advisor and the fees that can be charged
- The need for valuations and surveys, and how these can affect the mortgage application process
- How to deal with breaches of the mortgage deed and how homeowners can be assisted if they struggle to meet payment
- The mortgage application process
- The main features of the common mortgage options, and how you can relay them to homeowners in layman’s terms
- Applying all the knowledge you’ve learned into a practical environment with realistic scenarios where you can apply mortgage solutions that adhere to the ethical and regulatory framework
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Learn the key factors of UK financial regulation so you can understand the rules and guidelines behind your profession
- Fully prepare for all CeMAP exams
- Learn the specifics of mortgage products and services
- Know how to apply your knowledge practically
- Work towards obtaining a “licence to practice”
- 24/7 access to the course materials for one year
- Extra support is available in the form of revision notes, exam simulations and an online competence development tool
- Tutor support included
- Extension available should you need it
UNITS OF STUDY
Paper 1: UK Financial Regulation (UKFR)
Introduction To Financial Services Environment And Products
Paper 2: Mortgages (MORT)
Mortgage Law, Policy And Markets
Mortgage Payment Methods And Products
Paper 3: Assessment of Mortgage Advice Knowledge (ASSM)
Assessment Of Mortgage Advice Knowledge