Now you have gotten to grips with the Better Business Cases (BBC) foundation course material, it’s time to take the examination and prove you have got what it takes to succeed! Master the syllabus, which is based around the UK government’s Five Case Model, and you will be able to demonstrate your ability to develop and produce spending proposals that fit within the HM Treasury’s new guidelines.
A Closed Book, Multiple Choice Examination
Work through the course material and once you are ready, sign up to this examination that will help you to test your new-found expertise. The multiple-choice format includes 50 questions set over 40 minutes, which will be based on various aspects of the curriculum – including strategic and tactical applications, and the Five Case Model itself – is to be completed within an hour. And if you achieve the pass rate of 50%, you will be able to add this highly desirable qualification to your CV and look forward to a better business future.
Complements Green Book Guidance
BBC complements the latest HM Treasury’s Green Book guidance, and looks at the Five Case Model that enables effective business decisions, covering aspects including strategic, economic, commercial, financial and management cases. Once you have studied for and sat this foundation exam, you will have a better understanding of the basic principles that exist, and will be able to utilise this knowledge in your professional career.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Sitting the exam and building your expertise in BBC would be best suited to individuals who are responsible for producing or assessing spending proposals, including accounting officers, programme and finance directors and board members who are responsible for approvals.
The exam will test students on all elements of developing a business case, including:
- How to establish a case for change, and why intervention is required.
- How to set clear objectives, based on what you wish to achieve from an investment.
- The various potential solutions that can be considered, and what implications they may have on cost and risk.
- How the arrangements can be put in place in order for the proposal to be successfully delivered.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Online assessment is available – take the exam via your webcam, no matter where you are in the world!
- Gain a better understanding of the BBC process – essential for anyone producing, or approving, public spending proposals.
- Confirm you have the knowledge and understanding of the Five Case Model, and boost your confidence in the area.
- Help to improve the decision making process in your team, and reduce unnecessary spending.
- Achieve an internationally recognised certification that can prove to be useful in your current, or future employment.
Prove you know what you’re talking about, and add an invaluable qualification to your resume – sign up to take the Better Business Cases Foundation exam today!