What is the International General Certification in Occupational Health and Safety?
This fantastic-value online course is awarded by the internationally recognised National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH). The course is specifically designed for professionals with safety responsibilities in the oil and gas industry. If you have health and safety responsibilities in what is one of the world’s most hazardous industries, gaining the appropriate safety certification is crucial, particularly in developing countries where new industry is booming.
- Explain the purpose of and procedures for investigating incidents and how the lessons learnt can be used to improve health and safety in the oil and gas industries
- Explain the hazards inherent in oil and gas arising from the extraction, storage, and processing of raw materials and products
- Outline the risk management techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- Explain the principles of assessing and managing contractors, including the roles of parties involved
- Outline the tools, standards, measurement, competency requirements and controls applicable to Process Safety Management (PSM) in the oil and gas industries
- Explain the importance of safe plant operation and maintenance of hydrocarbon containing equipment and processes
- Outline the hazards, risks and controls to ensure safe start up and shut down of hydrocarbon containing equipment and processes
- Outline types of failure modes that may lead to loss of containment from hydrocarbons
- Outline the hazards, risks and controls available for safe containment of hydrocarbons offshore and onshore
- Outline the fire hazards, risks and controls relating to hydrocarbons
- Outline the hazards, risks and controls available for operating boilers and furnaces
- Outline the principles, procedures and resources for effective emergency response
- Identify the main hazards of and suitable controls for marine transport in the oil and gas industries
- Identify the main hazards of and suitable controls for land transport in the oil and gas industries
Is the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety for me?
This NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety is popular with managers, supervisors, employee representatives and newly appointed health and safety advisors with responsibilities for maintaining good health and safety practice in the oil and gas industry on a day-to-day basis.
To embark on this course, it’s recommended that candidates have already gained a sound working knowledge of key health and safety principles by attaining either the NEBOSH National General Certificate or the NEBOSH International General Certificate.
Where could this qualification take me next?
Gaining this Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety will demonstrate to employers that you have the skills and knowledge to work with these substances at an international level.
Why choose to study with us?
- Register within five minutes and begin your study as soon as you sign up
- Work across all your devices at a time and pace that suits you
- Tutor support is available Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Health, safety and environmental management in context
- Hydrocarbon process safety 1
- Hydrocarbon process safety 2
- Fire protection and emergency response
- Logistics and transport operations
NEEBOSH Exam Details
You will first need to register with us in order to sit your exam, (please double-check that all of your details are spelt correctly). We will then provide you with an Examination Entry Confirmation which includes your unique learner number, as well as other essential exam information and the results process.
On the day of your exam, it is essential that you bring along your Examination Entry Confirmation, as well as a form of photographic identification (such as a passport or driving licence).
Examinations are held four times per year: March, June, September and December.
- Date: Wednesday 3rd June 2020. Qualification: International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety. Unit: IOG1
- Date: Wednesday 9th September 2020. Qualification: International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety. Unit: IOG1
- Date: Wednesday 9th December 2020. Qualification: International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety. Unit: IOG1.
Results for assessments taken in English should be received within 50 working days from your examination or assignment submission date. The specific date will appear on your examination entry confirmation. For assessments taken in other languages, all results should be received within 70 working days.
Certificate-level practical assessments must normally be taken within 10 working days of a written examination, so the practical result will be included with the result for the written examination.
The International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety consists of one unit:
- Unit IOG1: Management of international oil and gas operational safety
- Assessment type: Written paper
- Assessment Time: 2 hours
- Unit IOG1: 45 marks
Upon completion of your exams a final grade is award, as follows:
- Distinction: 65 marks or higher
- Credit: 55 – 64 marks
- Pass: 45 – 54 marks
EXAMS ARE NOT INCLUDED.